Stephenson & Blake Ltd
Effingham Street
Sheffield UK

S4 7YP
(click postcode for a map)

TEL: 0114 2289012

International Tel : +44 114 2289012

EMAIL: info@stephensonandblake.com

 

STEPHENSON
&
BLAKE LTD

 

Brass Rule For H F Welding, Full Tooling Service, CNC Machining
[ Home ] Brass Rule ] Toolmaking ] Corners and Punches ] Heat Sealing Bars ]
 

Home / Company Profile

Stephenson & Blake Ltd was founded in 1818 by Mr John Stephenson, to manufacture quality printers type. Following the need for extra finance, the company was joined later in the year by Mr James Blake. His £600 investment coming from the legacy left to him in his mothers will. The company grew and by the early 1900ís, had made various acquisitions and ventured into steel making and tool production. In the 1980ís and with the decline of printers type following the dawn of the computer age, and the collapse of steel making in Sheffield, the company decided that it needed a new product range and therefore expanded into the specialised industry of high frequency welding rule.

Following the retirement of Mr Tom Blake, who was 5th generation of the Stephenson and Blake family, the company was bought in 2004 by Steven Bond and Terry Lee. Neville Buckle, who had served Stephenson & Blake for 50 years, came with the business as manager. Following a move to their own new premises in 2006, the company have embarked on a plan of expansion with increased CNC capacity being available from June 2006, and the introduction of vacuum forming tool manufacture to their portfolio of products. Using only the highest grade of brass for our components, Stephenson & Blake pride themselves on high precision quality products, produced in house by our own craftsmen.